Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Aglarond

Years passed by and I spent many in Waterdeep. never quite fitting in. Most of the people from the temple were human. There were a few halflings and other sorts of people but no other lythari like myself. They told me lythari usually keep themselves separate from others. Aye, well, what can I say to that? I didna like the city much. The High Elven that came there would have nothin' to do with me. I decided that the world be big and if there be others like me out there somewhere, twere more likely I would find them afore they found me. Seein' as how they didna know I even exist. I raambled about for a number of years (did I forget to tell ye..I be about 300 now...still fairly young for an elf) and ended up in the middle of Faerun in a land called Aglarond. I made two verra good friends there. Now, this thing I am, tis nae like them were folk. They canna help it when they become what they are. The moon turns full and out they come, grizzly and gnarly and warped. Me, I decide when and where I want to be a wolf. And it be nae like them. They loses themselves somewhere in all that fur and teeth. My brain stays the same. I can still think just like I can when I be an elf. This thing I do scares folk. Few have heard of lythari and they assume that I must be the other. So I keeps my mouth shut about it. Tis safer. ANd saner. Aglarond. I didna tell anyone what I be. Twas the sort of place ye just knew ye would end up tied to some post with bunches of faggots at yer feet. I told folk what they wanted to hear. That I came from a fishing village on Evermeet and were raised by Moon elves when I were orphaned. Noone ever questioned me. They just assumed I be a Moon elf. I cleaned up my speech a bit, bought some good clothes (at least my foster parents saw me right in that..they didna send me away destitute and I got a pretty penny for the boat) Place was ruled by a despot queen called the SImbul. She were half crazed most of the time. I joined the rangers, since I ahd my bow and needed to do something. Within a few months I found myself the leader of the elves. Twas a strange thing, that. Bein' the vocal sort, I guess I expressed my opinion about happenins enough that someone decided I should put them words to practice. I met lots of folk in Aglarond. Some of these folk be with me still. Swith. Rowan. Elestria. The Family (Kalvan, Mandi, Brianna, and Jacen) We all fled the place. ALong with several of the fae folk, the Queen, Cassandra, and Emily. We all fled. But that be a whole nuther story for another time. One day, we all found ourselves in Erebos. And that be our home now.

No comments:

Post a Comment